Summertime, and the living is ea-sy…
Real talk, the summer months boast some of our favorite things! Sun tea brewing on the back porch, flowers in full bloom and a brief (emphasis on brief) slow period to recover from wedding season before ramping up for the holidays.
It’s such an inspiring season for us here at PRESSED that we’ve pulled together a list of our current favorite inspirations. Check it out below and let us know what fuels you in the summer months in the comments below!
In The Studio...
- Simplified Planners: We are HUGE Emily Ley fans here at PRESSED, from her simplified challenges to her lovely planners. Simple layouts for easy customization and coming in a plethora of adorable summer-y prints, we love Simplified Planners for keeping track of a busy production schedule! Bonus, we have a $10 off code in our IG bio for when you purchase your first planner!
- Batch Planning: Planning ahead by making large batches of our colors and in-stock paper and later sending out shipments in batches has been integral in streamlining our summer production schedule! Perfect for keeping up high production needs and fitting in a summer vacation :)
Made with PRESSED…
- Summer Paper Trends: Some of our favorite paper colors to work with in the summer are Hydrangea, Sweet Tangerine, Terra Cotta, Ice and Cotton. When you look around you, you can see these colors in the summer season from blooming flowers and summer sunsets to the feel of crisp air conditioning when you enter a room. Sometimes the season around us is the most inspiring factor in our creative process!
- Projects using PRESSED: One of the most wonderful parts of this business is seeing the beautiful pieces you all create using our handmade paper, and the past couple of months have been particularly bountiful! Check out some of our personal favorites:
- We love this romantic, floral palette and its ability to use strong pops of color without being too heavy-handed for the magic of summertime!
- Finally, our hearts are bursting over this adorable baby announcement done by @carta_and_co ! It seems a lot of you enjoyed it as well, and we’re teaming up with Alex to do a giveaway. For the month of August, Alex is offering 10% off this piece so each of you can have your baby’s foot (or hand) print letterpressed! Also, the first 10 people to place an order receive free shipping!
For Outside Inspiration…
- Creatives we follow: There are a few of these, so buckle in!
- If you follow our Instagram feed, you might have noticed that we’ve been loving the work of Iris and Marie Press lately! From the beautiful use of our Ice colorway in this ocean-inspired photoshoot to this mustard-heavy project reminding us of the summer heat, she’s been providing strong inspiration to us all season long!
- We were blessed to work with branding photographer Christine Gosch at the ASCEND retreat and have been loving the whimsical shots she’s been creating in the past few months!
- Finally, we’ve been hugely inspired by Belle & Union Co., a shop located just a few minutes down the road from us in San Antonio. We love the way the shop sources from local Texas creatives in stocking their adorable “writings, wrappings and wares.”
- Reads: We’ve been huge fans of Rachel Hollis’ Girl, Wash Your Face and Donald Miller’s Building A Story Brand. We’ve also been loving listening to e-books rather than reading physical copies (though that is always great) as it allows us to bring the magic of our favorite reads and podcasts into the studio!
- Music: This summer, we’ve had some classics (think: Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Simon & Garfunkle) and a couple of movie soundtracks (our absolute favorites being the Guardians of The Galaxy--yes, really-- and My Best Friend’s Wedding soundtracks) on heavy rotation in the studio.
Whew, props to you if you’ve made it to the end of this list-- turns out we’ve been drawing inspiration from a ton this summer! Did we miss anything that’s on your list? Sound off in the comments!
Keep an eye out for future blog posts, which are going to start coming on a weekly schedule. Coming up soon: a post on the importance of balance for sustainability (something we can all struggle with at times!) and exciting information about our next ASCEND retreat!
The PRESSED Team